Introduction to SAS
The course will cover the fundamentals of the SAS program and its variables, creating data, importing data (from text and Excel files), exporting data (to text, pdf, and Microsoft-related formats), manipulating data, and providing descriptive statistics. Students will have the opportunity to practice in class, using sample datasets. Homework and project assignments will be provided as well.
Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel; prior programming experience and basic knowledge of statistics (i.e. mean vs. median vs. mode) would be beneficial, but is not required.
- Recognize different types of raw data and learn how to import them into SAS
- Understand different types of variables as well as how to manipulate and convert between them
- Understand how to set up and conduct merging and transposing of data tables
- Obtain descriptive statistics such as mean, median, min, and max
- Generate reports and output reports into a variety of file types.