MCAT Review and Test Preparation: General and Organic Chemistry
This review course prepares students for the Medical College Admission Test (MCATTM). Students will develop a study plan for the MCAT and be presented with foundational scientific information that every future medical student should know in order to excel at the exam. The course will heavily rely on solving MCAT-style questions with the goal of promoting genuine understanding of the material, decreasing ineffective memorization, and improving students’ confidence. This course condenses MCAT-relevant material within general and organic chemistry. Critical Analysis and Reasoning will be an emphasis throughout the course. Students will be expected to use MCAT review books, identify topics that are unfamiliar or difficult, and focus on those topics during the course of study. For a complete description of the MCAT exam, prerequisites, and eligibility, please visit www.aamc.org.
This is the first part of a two-part course. Registration is required separately for each part of the course.
- Determine MCAT knowledge concept deficiencies
- Create a study plan for the MCAT
- Review major disciplines and concepts for the MCAT
- Apply foundational knowledge to solving problems presented in MCAT format
- Critically analyze discipline-specific text passages and arguments
- Understand basic scientific principles as they pertain to living organisms and medicine