Spanish for Healthcare Providers I
This course is designed to help health providers to improve verbal communication skills with Spanish-speaking patients. It will help health professionals to build competence in interviewing, examining, and treating patients. It includes conversation and role-play situations in the context of different common medical situations. Students will learn the names of body parts, action verbs, and useful phrases typically used in a medical setting. Spanish concepts and correct pronunciation will be also covered.
This is the first part of a two-part course. Registration is required separately for each part of the course.
The above course(s), basic knowledge of Spanish, or permission from the instructor.
- Learn to greet and get accurate detailed personal information from patients
- Discuss parts and relationships of body organs, muscles, etc.
- Understand and use vocabulary describing pain and discomfort
- Communicate about basic ailments and illness
- Pronounce Spanish medical vocabulary and develop Spanish phrases that can be used in own role/workplace