Spanish for Healthcare Providers II
This course is designed to help health providers to improve verbal communication skills with Spanish-speaking patients. It will help health professionals to build competence in interviewing, examining, and treating patients. It includes conversation and role-play situations in the context of different common medical situations. Students will learn the names of body parts, action verbs, and useful phrases typically used in a medical setting. Spanish concepts and correct pronunciation will be also covered.This is the second part of a two-part course. The completion of the first part (prerequisite) is required before taking the second part. Registration is required separately for each part of the course.
The above course(s) or permission from the instructor.
- Learn to greet and get accurate detailed personal information from patients
- Discuss parts and relationships of body organs, muscles, etc.
- Understand and use vocabulary describing pain and discomfort
- Communicate about basic ailments and illness
- Pronounce Spanish medical vocabulary and develop Spanish phrases that can be used in own role/workplace