This 3-day interactive workshop focuses on providing participants with practical EI/EQ skills through interactive training and real-time practice. Students will assess their personality traits using online assessment tools and leverage self-awareness to demonstrate empathy, articulate and interpret emotion, and elicit and value critical feedback. Participants can expect to work collaboratively on case studies, peer-assessments, games, and group discussion.
When you complete the workshop successfully, you will:
- Learn about the EI-Leadership connection and the associated domains
- Understand the use of EI to improve communication and build effective relationships
- Leverage EI to navigate stressful situations.
This workshop is designed for professionals across the NIH and those within the biomedical sciences field, and the topics discussed will be particularly useful for people who collaborate with others to accomplish organizational goals as well as those looking to enhance their emotional, social, and leadership skills.
This course may apply toward the Leadership Endeavor digital badge.
Although no grades are given for courses, each participant will receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) based on the number of contact hours.
One CEU is equal to ten contact hours. Upon completion of the course, each participant will receive a certificate, showing completion of the workshop and 2.1 CEUs.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
Follow the link to review Workshop Refund Policy.
- All cancellations must be received in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations received after 4:00 pm (ET) on business days or received on non-business days are time marked for the following business day.
- All refund payments will be processed by the start of the initial workshop