Personal Leadership Development
Developing effective leadership capabilities is critical to the success of individuals at all levels of an organization. This course is designed to grow students’ understanding and knowledge of their own leadership skills and potential. Students will learn about the traits, qualities, and styles of effective leaders. They will evaluate and define their own leadership and gain insights on effective communication as leaders. The course also provides students with experiential learning on how personal leadership development influences their capacity to (1) lead and work in teams, (2) drive change in organizations, and (3) embody leadership as a way of being in the world.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
When you complete the course successfully, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of different leadership traits, qualities, and styles;
- Evaluate and define your own leadership traits, qualities, and styles;
- Practice effective communication as a leader in teams and organizations;
- Engage in effective leadership in guiding teams and leading change;
- Reflect on your leadership and develop your own leadership credo;
- Apply the knowledge and skills from this course to your own work and life.